My Photo
Name:
Location: Rocky Point, North Carolina, United States

Thursday, August 10, 2006

2 surgeries down, 1 to go!

Little Ben did very well with his testicle surgery. They found it and brought it down where it's supposed to be and tacked it into place. He has two incisions, one tiny one and one slightly larger one on his abdomen. They didn't put any stitches in it - it's just sealed shut with dermabond! Anyway everything's healing beautifully and he's pretty much back to normal as of today. I haven't heard anything yet about exactly when the next surgery will be (the head one) - I think it's going to be in October sometime.

Will had a great time with Grandma and Grandad last weekend while we were at the hospital! They played trains and made brownies and generally had fun. Can you believe I didn't get the first picture of their visit? I know I was distracted, but still!

OK this is why I don't get to update this blog very often - while I was typing the two paragraphs above Will somehow found a bottle of apricot oil and poured half of onto the recliner upholstry. Anybody kow how to get apricot oil out of chenille? Well at least it smells good. I'm just going to pretend it's not there for a while so I can finish this.

Last week was very exciting for Will. We got to play in the fountain at Northlake Mall with his friend Kaylee, and we also found a caterpillar in the garage. The caterpillar was a source of great amazement and excitement. We had to bring him inside and put him on the table. According to Will he was hungry, so we tried to feed him some lettuce, or "salad" as Will calls it. Eventually we took him outside and let him go on a tree. Will sometimes still goes looking for him there. :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carrie,

Just a note to say 'I've been there...in a way.' My son had open heart surgery at 5 months; didn't know if he would make it. He is 6 now and doing well; we were told he'd have another one to completely bypass his right ventricle, but it hasn't happened yet. God is good, even on the blackest of days. I'll pray for Ben and you all.

Julie

Friday, 18 August, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home