My Photo
Name:
Location: Rocky Point, North Carolina, United States

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Welcome to my blog!

Well, instead of trying to e-mail out updates to everyone I thought it would be easier to just start a blog! That way I'm not cluttering up people's e-mail boxes with tons of cute but big pictures of the kids. And this way I'll feel like part of the 21st century! :)

I hope everyone is able to see the page ok, and if you want copies of pictures e-mailed to you so you can save them just let me know and I'll send them to you. Thanks for looking everyone!

We had appointments on T, W, and Tr for Ben on top of his regular PT and OT this! week - it was crazy! Tuesday we went down to the Watkins center ( a county agency that works with disabled and delayed kids) and Ben passed his vision test except his left eye is alightly askew from his right. Thinking that has to do with the misshapen skull, but as long as he can see out of it I'm good!

Wednesday we had our genetics appointment, which was great. We see Dr. Wagstaff - I love everything about him and his office. The lady who drew Ben's blood was the best I've ever seen - she didn't even have me restrain him, which saved a lot of screaming. The news is there's no news - typical Ben! He doesn't have all of the signs of any particular syndrome. They're testing him for Noonan's Syndrome but odds are he doesn't have it.

Thursday we saw Dr. Perez (his urologist)- stupid undescended testicle!! We're going to have to have surgery to go and get it. I hate for him to go through two surgeries in one year - he's so little. I wonder if it's somehow harmful to him? Maybe I should wait until he's bigger. Of course then he'll know what's going on and will freak out in the hospital. Arghh!!

So anyway things are overall really really good right now. Ben's up to 12 pounds and is developing quite well. He's still behind physically in his arms, but his legs are doing great and he's doing well cognitively. Keep your fingers crossed for us!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home